The Agencia Nacional de Codificación de Valores (ANCV) allocates an ISIN code (International Securities Identification Number) for securities or financial instruments according to the standard ISO 6166 and to the CNMV Technical Standard 1/2010. Moreover, such assignment will be associated with the allocation of the CFI code (Classification of Financial Instruments), to be done as stipulated in standard ISO 10962.
The securities and financial instruments subject to ISIN allocation are the ones mentioned in 1st Norm of the CNMV Circular 2/2010:
- Shares in limited companies, preference shares and participation shares.
- Subscription righs, warrants and similar securities.
- Debentures, covered bonds, bonds, and mortgage participations issued by public and private entities.
- Units and shares of collective investment institutions.
- Treasury bills.
- Commercial papers.
- Options and futures.
- Any other instrument which by its nature and significance requires that treatment, accoding to the Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores.
The following may apply to the ANCV for the assignment of an ISIN to an issue according to the 2nd Norm of CNMV Circular 2/2010:
- The issuer, its bank agent or legal representation.
- Credit institutions.
- Investment firms.
- Organized markets and other securities trading facilities.
- Securities Clearing and Settlement Services.
- Collective investment institutions.
- Venture capital companies.
The party applying for an ISIN code must complete the application form provided by the ANCV and enclose the necessary documentation that the ANCV considers to be essential for allocating the ISIN code1.
The application for an ISIN code is service free of charge and can be done through any of the following means:
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- By fax: 00 34 91 585 16 30
- Application addressed to the ANCV:
Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores
Agencia Nacional de Codificación de Valores
There is the possibility of applying for ISIN codes with delayed publication as long as the meet the established requirements.
For further information, contact the Spanish National Numbering Agency.
(1) For those securities of entities that require approval and registration through Departamento de Autorización y Registro de Entidades of the CNMV, the related ISIN code allocation will be made automatically within the internal verification process without prior request by the issuer.